If you are not familiar with survivor leagues it is pretty simple, pick a team each week to win. However, once you choose a team, you cannot use them again for the rest of the season. (Ex: if you pick the Eagles week one, you are not able to use them again)
- Take a look at Vegas spreads
- These spreads come out way before the season and are a great way to determine who is going to be the favorite in a matchup. It is wiser to pick larger favorites than try to throw in a bunch of underdog picks.
- Pick Home teams
- Home teams are a much better pick than road teams as only seven teams posted a winning record away from home in 2018
- Pay attention to bad teams in a good spot
- People will often overlook bad teams. Bad teams can still be a favorite which can make them a valuable pick which allows you to save better teams for later in the season
- Game theory
- Pick percentages are available everywhere from ESPN to Yahoo. Looking at these percentages can give you an idea of how many people are going to be on one team in a given week. Using this along with Vegas lines can allow you to gain an edge on your pool. 60% of people could be on one team during a week, and this knowledge can help you be contrarian and go the opposite way homing the majority lose. If 60% of people drop out in a week, you are drastically closer to winning the pool.